Combat Shotgun 2 Day
Length: 2 Day
The shotgun is the defensive tool of choice for many because of its high hit probability and
general ease of use. This course will help you get the most out of your pump action or semi auto
shotgun. We will discuss weapon and ammunition selection, patterning and zeroing, reloading,
This course is geared toward the defensive use of the pump action or semi-auto shotgun, not
Topics covered include
- Ammo selection
- Ready positions
- Ammo management
- Multiple threat engagements
- Use of cover
- Use of sights
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting positions
- Lateral movement
- Quality, serviceable Combat Shotgun, 12 or 20 gauge.
- 500 rounds of bird shot
- 40 rounds of buck shot
- 20 rounds of slugs
- Eye protection, wrap around.
- Ear protection, muff style are recommended
- Hat with brim or bill
- Duty/call out gear Knee/elbow pads (optional)
- Water Lunch
- Sun block/insect repellant as needed Raingear as needed
- Notebook/pen Cleaning kit with lube
- Notes on gear: You do not need to go out and buy body armor, tactical vests and holsters to take
- this course. Please have the ability to carry on your body 20 shells for your Combat Shotgun.
- This will be all you need to train with.
- If you are an armed professional who utilizes certain tactical gear during the course of your
- duties, by all means please bring it with you and train with it. Not all of the training will require
- your kit so try to have some pouches to train “slick”.
About your instructor:
Don Edwards is a 20+ year veteran of US Army Special Operations. He began his career in the 3 rd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment where he was a participant in Operation Just Cause in Panama. Retired from 20th Special Forces Group where he served as Team Sergeant during combat operations in Iraq and Intel Sergeant while deployed in Afghanistan. He served for five years as the Use of Force training manager and primary instructor at the ATF National Academy in Glynco, GA instructing in tactics and firearms as well. Mr. Edwards has worked as tactical adviser in the field to the Department of Defense since 2008 serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan and is a FLETC certified firearms instructor and is the former Director of Training and LE sales for Tactical Night Vision Company.