Colorado Tactical Carbine / Rifle 2 Course – Intermediate
This is NOT an NRA Shooting Course
Course number: KTG-550
Course Length: 8 hours – RANGE
Skill Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Maximum Class Size: 8
Range Requirement: Yes
Pre-Requisite Courses: Carbine 1 and Intro to Defensive handgun OR Defensive Pistol 1
Course Description: The Intermediate Carbine course is designed to build on the base skills taught in the Carbine 1 course. The Carbine 2 course adds stress shooting, decision making, movement, alternate and unorthodox shooting positions and threat analysis.
Course training topics:
- Firearm Safety
- Loading / reloading exercises
- Malfunctions / Stoppages
- Intermediate Movement techniques
- Barricade shooting – Advanced
- Threat recognition / Decision based exercises
- Multiple threats – left / right / rear
- Transitions to secondary weapon
- Team Movement
- Alternate positions
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine (AR/AK platform) or Mini-14
- 500 rounds (or more) required for the course. ****NOTE We have reduced round counts due to ammo shortages ****
- Backup firearm (Pistol) and at least 50 rounds of ammunition
- PROPERLY fitting holster for secondary firearm
- PROPERLY ADJUSTED 2 point sling for rifle
- Appropriate dress – cold weather gear is a must in winter months.
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ (available at our gear store) for malfunction drills.
- ** OPTIONAL ** Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier (please call IN ADVANCE if you need to be provided gear (additional charge if not purchased)