Course Description: The Intermediate Carbine course is designed to build on the base skills taught in the Carbine essentials course. The Carbine 2 course adds stress shooting, timed events and real world scenarios to enhance a students ability to perform in a life and death encounter.
Course training topics:
- Firearm Safety
- Confirmation of zero
- Loading / reloading – timed
- Malfunctions – timed – injected
- Movement techniques
- Shooting on the move
- Barricade shooting
- Threat recognition
- Multiple targets
- Transitions to backup
- Timed shooting drills
- Shooting from inside vehicle
- Intro to team movement
- Alternate positions
- Buddy drills
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine (AR/AK platform) or Mini-14
- 415 rounds (or more) required for the course.
- Backup firearm (Pistol) and at least 50 rounds of ammunition
- PROPERLY fitting holster for secondary firearm
- PROPERLY ADJUSTED 1, 2 or 3 point sling for rifle
- Appropriate dress – we train as we fight, cold weather gear is a must in winter months.
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ (available at our gear store) for malfunction drills.
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier (please call IN ADVANCE if you need to be provided gear (additional charge if not purchased)