Course Description: The ladies Defensive Handgun course is designed for shooters of all skill levels, but targeted toward the female who is carrying, or is considering the carry of a handgun in a concealed manner in public.
This course is taught by a female instructor who understands the nuance and instructional approach that will connect with ladies at a common level. This is NOT a coffee chat session, this is serious training in a non-threatening environment.
Students will learn the basics of defensive shooting and how defensive shooting differs from target and recreational shooting.
The Defensive shooting course starts with a fundamentals review, safety briefing and then moves straight into defensive concepts designed to give you the basic tools to effectively defend yourself in a life threatening encounter.
The extensive safety course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety
- Marksmanship fundamentals and defensive shooting
- Fundamental Shooting position
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Speed vs precision
- Self diagnosis of common shooting errors
- Choosing a firearm
- Firearm maintenance
- Maintaining skills
- Students should supply their own firearm, KTG only has limited firearms available to loan for a small fee.
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm.
- Students must supply their own ammunition for use at the range. Recommended 150 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition for the range portion of the course.