***SOLD OUT*** Tactical Rifle / Carbine 1
February 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pikes Peak Gun Club
450 S Franceville Coal Mine Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80929
Course Description: The Tactical Carbine / Rifle essentials course develops the students basic ability to properly zero, shoot and maintain the AR/AK / Mini-14 platform Carbine / Rifle. The course is intended for shooters of all levels, whether a new AR-15 owner or a seasoned shooter, the skills taught create the basis of threat focused shooting and defense using the carbine platform. Don’t let the name fool you, this is a tough course and all level shooters will benefit from the course content.
Course training topics:
- Firearm Safety
- Personal gear and load-out
- AR-15 Parts, operation and maintenance
- Carbine / Rifle accessories / load-out
- Loading and Unloading
- Carbine / rifle shooting fundamentals
- Proper shooting position
- Carbine / rifle zero
- Foundation Drills
- Malfunction Drills – Clearing common malfunctions
- Movement – Forward – Lateral
- Shooting from Barricade
- Intro to Transitions to Secondary system (pistol)
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine (AR/AK platform)
- 350 rounds (or more) required for the course.
- Appropriate dress – we train as we fight, cold weather gear is a must in winter months.
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ (available at our gear store) for malfunction drills.
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier (please call IN ADVANCE if you need to be provided gear (additional charge if not purchased)