Colorado Tactical Rifle/Carbine 1 Course
Course number: KTG-500
Course Length: 8 hours – RANGE
Skill Level: Intermediate
Maximum Class Size: 6
Range Requirement: Yes
Course Description: The Tactical Carbine / Rifle essentials course develops the students basic ability to properly zero, shoot and maintain the AR/AK / Mini-14 platform Carbine / Rifle. The course is intended for shooters of all levels, whether a new AR-15 owner or a seasoned shooter, the skills taught create the basis of threat focused shooting and defense using the carbine platform. Don’t let the name fool you, this is a tough course and all level shooters will benefit from the course content.
Course training topics:
- Firearm Safety
- Personal gear and load-out
- Carbine / Rifle accessories / load-out
- Loading, reloading and unloading
- Carbine / rifle shooting fundamentals review
- Proper shooting positions
- Foundation exercises
- Treat recognition exercises
- Speed vs Precision exercises
- Malfunction Drills – Clearing common malfunctions
- Movement – Forward – Lateral
- Shooting from Barricade
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine (AR/AK platform)
- 350 rounds (or more) required for the course.
- Appropriate dress – we train in all weather, cold weather gear is a must in winter months.
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ (available at our gear store) for malfunction drills.
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier are OPTIONAL! You do not need any carriers in this class if you do not already own one of the above.