Course Description: The Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) or “Colorado CCW” Safety course is intended for those who wish to obtain a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit “CCW” in the state of Colorado. This is a basic to intermediate course.
The Colorado CHP course (phase 1) consists of the classroom portion of the Concealed Handgun Permit course and exceeds the state standard to obtain a concealed handgun permit in Colorado. Phase 2 of the CHP class is the range portion (optional) and is HIGHLY recommended but not necessary to obtain your permit.
The extensive safety course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety
- Safe and responsible firearm ownership
- Colorado State law pertaining to firearms and concealed carry
- Shoot / No Shoot scenarios and use of deadly force
- Situation Awareness
- Physiological and Psychological Effects of a threat encounter
- Handgun types, operation, maintenance and safe storage
- Handgun ammunition types and firearm selection
- Marksmanship fundamentals and defensive shooting
- Shooting positions (Standing, Kneeling)
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Clearing malfunctions (Type 1)
- This course far exceeds the training requirement to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit in Colorado
- Completion of this course does not grant ability to carry concealed, you must submit application to the Sheriffs Office in your County of residence.
- Students should supply their own firearm, KTG only has limited firearms available to loan for a small fee.
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm.