Course Description: The Defensive Pistol 1 course is an intermediate pistol shooting course that builds on the introduction to defensive pistol course. Students will learn defensive shooting techniques that will likely be required in an actual self defense situation. While maintaining shooting fundamentals, students will be challenged with several shooting drills, injected malfunctions and movement techniques.
You will not only learn the ‘how’ of defensive shooting, but the theory and the ‘why’ behind the skill.
This is an intermediate level course, beginning students should attend one of our KTG200 Intro to Defensive Shooting courses (or equivalent).
The Defensive Pistol 1 course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety Rules review
- Safe Handling of Firearms review
- Shooting fundamentals review
- Proper presentation from holster / concealment
- Defensive marksmanship exercises
- Speed vs precision exercises
- Decision making and tactics
- Controlling rate of fire under stress
- Multiple target and threat identification exercises
- Movement techniques
- Alternate positions – Kneeling
- Shooting from barricade / cover
- Students should bring at least 350 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition
- Students should bring at least 2, preferably 3 or more magazines
- Students should bring at least 5 ‘snap caps’ in the caliber of their firearm (limited stock for sale on the day of class if needed)
- Students should supply their own firearm due to the nature of the course.