Course Description: The introduction to Defensive Handgun course is designed for shooters of all skill levels, but targeted toward a student who is carrying, or is considering the carry of a handgun in a concealed manner in public.
Students will learn the basics of defensive shooting and how defensive shooting differs from target and recreational shooting.
The Defensive shooting course starts with a fundamentals review, safety briefing and then moves straight into defensive concepts designed to give you the basic tools to effectively defend yourself in a life threatening encounter.
The extensive safety course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety
- Marksmanship fundamentals and defensive shooting
- Fundamental Shooting position
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Speed vs accuracy and precision
- Special notes: There is a range qualification requirement to successfully pass this course.
- Students should supply their own firearm, KTG only has limited firearms available to loan for a small fee.
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm.
- Students must supply their own ammunition for use at the range. Recommended 125 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition for the range portion of the course.