The Pistol Red Dot Fundamentals course is designed to train the student how to properly employ a RDS on a carry or duty pistol. It’s recommended that prospective students have attended at a minimum the Introduction to Defensive Handgun course or other comparable pistol shooting class prior to signing up for this course.
The Pistol Red Dot Class covers the following:
- The Red Dot Sight – The good, bad and ugly
- Parallax and RDS
- Proper body and head positioning
- Proper draw stroke w/ RDS
- Zero of the RDS
- Common errors and challenges using the RDS
- Occluded Optic shooting
- Confidence building exercises
- Students should bring at least 200 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition
- Students should bring at least 2, preferably 3 or more magazines
- Students should supply their own firearm due to the nature of the course.
- A PISTOL OPTIC (RDS, RMR, Etc.) is required for this class