Advanced Defensive Pistol
This is NOT an NRA Shooting Course
Course number: KTG-400
Course Length: 2 Days – 18 Hours – Night Fire Day 1 (Late fall, Early Spring, Winter classes)
Skill Level: Advanced
Pre- Requisite: YES – Intro to Defensive Handgun or greater
Maximum Class Size: 6
Range Requirement: Yes
The Advanced Defensive Pistol course is designed to build upon the students defensive shooting skills, reinforce the basics and teach more advanced techniques necessary to survive a threat encounter. Students will undergo an intensive 2-day course challenging you with stress shooting, multiple assailants, and much more.
This course incorporates a high level of movement, stress, disorientation, team movement, and threat recognition. Students should be prepared both physically and mentally prior to attending this course.
This is an advanced level course, beginning students should attend one of our NRA Basic Pistol courses or the KTG200 Intro to Defensive Shooting (w/ CHP class). We do accept intermediate students on a case by case basis.
The Advanced Fighting Pistol course covers the following:
- Stoppage clearance review
- Injured shooter stoppage clearance
- Speed v Precision exercises
- Multiple threat exercises
- Numerous timed exercises
- Advanced barricade use
- Advanced movement techniques
- Shoot / no shoot exercises
- Active8 Exercises
- Advanced ‘scan and assess’ exercises
- Cardio / Stress inoculation
- Intro to night fire (season dependent) – Summer classes will hold night fire section in the fall
- Students should bring at least 700 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition
- Weapon light / tactical flashlight for night fire session
- Students should bring at least 2, preferably 3 or more magazines
- Students should bring at least 5 ‘snap caps’ in the caliber of their firearm
- Students should supply their own firearm due to the nature of the course.