Colorado CHP – CCW Safety Course
Colorado CHP / CCW Safety Course
This is NOT an NRA Shooting Course
Course number: KTG-200
Course Length: 8 Hours
Skill Level: Intermediate
Maximum Class Size: 10
Range Requirement: Yes
Course Description: The Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) or “Colorado CCW” Safety course is intended for those who wish to obtain a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit “CCW” in the state of Colorado. This is a basic to intermediate course.
This course is not a 3 hour chat and award a certificate course, our firearm instruction is intended to provide you with the most realistic training necessary to safely carry a firearm and defend yourself and your family if necessary. There are ‘cheaper’ courses available in Colorado Springs, but if you are concerned with *how* to defend yourself, the additional cost is well invested.
The extensive safety course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety
- Safe and responsible firearm ownership
- Colorado State law pertaining to firearms and concealed carry
- Shoot / No Shoot scenarios and use of deadly force
- Situation Awareness
- Physiological and Psychological Effects of a threat encounter
- Handgun types, operation, maintenance and safe storage
- Handgun ammunition types and firearm selection
- Marksmanship fundamentals and defensive shooting
- Shooting positions (Standing, Kneeling, Prone, Sitting)
- Shooting from barricade
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Sighting techniques
- Clearing malfunctions (Type 1)
- Special notes: There is a range qualification and written test requirement to successfully pass this course.
- This course far exceeds the training requirement to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit in Colorado
- Completion of this course does not grant ability to carry concealed, you must submit application to the Sheriffs Office in your County of residence.
- Students should supply their own firearm, KTG only has limited firearms available to loan for a small fee.
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm.
- Students must supply their own ammunition for use at the range. Recommended 125 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition for the range portion of the course.