Advanced Defensive Carbine Course
This is NOT an NRA Shooting Course
Course number: KTG-575
Course Length: 2 Days – 18 Hours – Night Fire Day 1
Skill Level: Advanced
Maximum Class Size: 8
Range Requirement: Yes
The Advanced Defensive Carbine course is designed to build upon the students defensive shooting skills, reinforce the basics and teach more advanced techniques necessary to survive a threat encounter. Students will undergo an intensive 2-day course challenging you with stress shooting, multiple assailants, working around barriers and much more.
This course incorporates a high level of movement, stress, disorientation, team movement, decision making and threat recognition. Students should be prepared both physically and mentally prior to attending this course.
This is an advanced level course, beginning students should attend one of our Defensive Carbine courses prior to signing up for this course. We do accept intermediate students on a case by case basis.
The Advanced Defensive Carbine course covers the following:
- Firearm Safety Rules review
- Safe Handling of Firearms review
- Defensive shooting vs Target shooting
- Shooting Fundamentals review
- Defensive shooting theory
- Threat engagement – multiple angles and locations
- Speed vs Precision
- Malfunction Clearance (both strong and support hand)
- Team movement and working in small groups
- Moving and fighting around and barriers
- Decision making and threat identification
- Non standard shooting positions
- High stress shooting
- Night Fire techniques
- Threat ID in low light conditions
- Students should bring at least 1000 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition
- Weapon light / tactical flashlight for night fire session
- Students should bring at least 3, preferably 4 or more magazines
- Students should bring at least 5 ‘snap caps’ in the caliber of their firearm
- Students should supply their own firearm due to the nature of the course.