Pre-Requisite class required: Intro to Defensive Handgun OR VERIFYABLE equivalent experience
Course Description: The carjack defense – vehicle counter ambush course teaches the student how to effectively defend themselves in and around a vehicle using a handgun. This course includes not only shooting from a vehicle but places the student in situations that require quick decision making and appropriate responses. Due to the nature of the course, students must have attended at least one handgun course OR provide proof of training through a reputable trainer.
Course training topics:
- Vehicle hardpoints
- Anti-Carjacking and avoidance of conflict
- Using vehicle as concealment / limited cover
- Threat response scenarios
- Shooting from inside a vehicle – driver and passenger side
- Clearing seatbelts
- Exiting properly
- Moving to more appropriate cover
Other Information: Requirements
- Daily Carry Pistol
- 250 rounds (or more) required for the course.
- GOOD fitting holster in daily carry configuration
- Appropriate dress – we train as we fight, cold weather gear is a must in winter months.
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- OPTIONAL – Airsoft pistol for decision based training